February 12, 2009

THANK YOU!!

I must say, I have the BEST family and friends!! Thank you all for the notes, emails, calls, notes on Facebook, the help....Seriously, Thank you! I am finally starting to feel a little better. I still have a pretty bad pain in my head that won't leave and some issues in places I won't discuss, but over all, life is good. I will take pain any day over throwing up.
I had such different feelings going into this than I have ever had before. This was not the first time I have had surgery in my life, but it was the first time I ever had feelings of dying, which was really weird.
A week before the surgery, I kept having these feelings like I needed to get everything in order. I cleaned and organized every room in the house. I was saying things to the boys like, " Here are your winter clothes for next year, I want you to know how much mommy loves you, and here are all mommies pictures, and if mommy is not here..." It was very strange. The night before my surgery my parents got here and I took my mom through the house to each room telling her where stuff was, but not like normal...in detail. I was telling her up in Ashton's closet were clothes that I have stored, 3T, 4T, and 5T and here are so and so...Then I took her in the boys room and did the same. I had her come into my closet and I was showing her where all my pictures of the kids and their scrapbooks were and I even said to her, " in case something happens to me..." She looked at me and said, "Don't even say that." I had gone back several times and read a personal blessing that was given to me, and afterwards thought, " I am supposed to have a long life with time to do certain things on this Earth." and then I would think, "Why am I being so crazy?" So when Tyler told me the things I had said after surgery I was feeling very thankful. The one thing I do remember about the dream is that I was talking to the boys, each one individually and that I was very concerned about where Ashton was and if he was okay. I remember kissing Tyler and that is all. Well then when I came home from the hospital and still was not feeling a whole lot better I was a little concerned but it wasn't until Monday night when I started violently throwing up and had this unimaginable pain and pressure behind my right eye. I kept thinking my right temple was going to explode and I really started to worry. I am not one to go to the doctor easily, especially not the ER, but I tell you that night I didn't hesitate for a second. Hair in a bun, no makeup on, in my pj's (those of you who know me, know I don't go anywhere like this and for the first time in my life... I didn't care) As Tyler was driving me to the hospital and I am continuing to throw up and have this pain, I was sitting there thinking..".Is this why I had everything prepared, is something going to happen to me." Then I just kept fearing that I was going to go blind or have a stroke or who knows? ( It is a real problem when you have a medical background, because your mind immediately goes to all the worst possible outcomes). I remember as we sat there in the ER I was uncontrollably shaking, my eye twitching, I'm throwing up constantly, the nurse could not find a vein for anything, and I looked over at Tyler and said, pleading..." Please don't let me die ugly!"
I have never experienced anything quite like this one and I hope the worst is behind me, but I have to say that I am here today because of the Priesthood. I am so grateful for blessings and the power to command things to happen...because they did! Tyler is an amazing, wonderful man. My best friend, my rock and support through this whole thing. I love him and my boys more than anything!! Family, where do I begin...Thank you Thank you with all my heart. You are all priceless!! I am truly grateful for each day.

13 comments:

The Queen said...

Oh my goodness, Jill, that please don't let me die ugly comment had me lol. You are so funny!!!

How horrible to have been having those feelings. I am so grateful you are on the mend and I hope you will feel completely better (and better than before!) soon!! Love you.

Brittney Smith said...

Soooo scary. I am glad you are on the mend. I called Tyler a couple of days after the surgery to see if there is anything we could do. He said you guys were ok, but please, please, please if there is anything, call me. (480)241-6399.

Carrie said...

you are such a wonderful kind person. Tyler and the boys are so lucky to have you. I am so thankful everything is okay. My biggest fear is something will happen and I won't be able to raise my kids. Life is a gift and maybe this is to help all of us remember what a gift it is. I am so grateful everything is okay, I was crying reading Tyler's blog about you. You are the best!

Spiker said...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Hopefully with more time, a lot better! What a frightening experience! I can relate to the dying ugly comment... sometimes when I am working out and look particularly ugly and don't smell so good,I will think "This would be a really bad time die..." Seriously!... Well continue to get better! nd btw even with no make up you could never be ugly!

Melinda said...

Jill you are never ugly!!! I am glad to hear you are feeling better

AMIT said...

Its a good post.

Haiku Poems

Anonymous said...

Jill- I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend. I was so sad when I heard you and your family have been going through all of this. Hope you keep getting the rest you need and feel back to normal health very soon!

love ya!

Kristi Cherry Fletcher said...

Jill, You and your family have been in my prayers daily and I want you to know I have always admired you and wished we could live closer again. I am truly greatful your life was spared and I share your gratitude for the priesthood. Thank you both for your examples of faith, love and humility. :Love, Kristi Fletcher

Amanda Howell said...

You're a good women Jill and needed very much in this life. I'm glad your kids still have you in their life and glad that you have such a great husband to take care of you spiritually and physically.
Keep getting better.

Julie Herrell said...

Jill You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I was having a bad day a few days ago and was feeling sorry for myself until I remembered what you were going thru and realized I wasn't so bad off. I hope you are feeling better. Miss you guys. Our family blog is herrellhappenings.blogspot.com.

amy said...

oh wow, jill. what an amazing story that is. you had me in tears and then i started laughing so hard when you pleaded to not let you die ugly!! not sure why it made me laugh, probably the word ugly put in there, but i am so glad you are here with us and your little family, and tyler! i feel so thankful for you. :)

Jenna Garns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna Garns said...

Wow, I can't believe all that you have gone through. I remember Jared waking me up one night to tell me that you had to go back to the emergency room. I was out of it and couldn't really understand what was going on and slipped back into sleep. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, "Oh I need to pray for Jill, she's in trouble." So I prayed and then went to sleep. Then a few hours later I woke up with the same urgency and thought, "Oh I need to pray for Jill, she's in trouble." So I prayed again. Then when I woke up that morning I was confused at what all happened during the night and how many times I woke up. It took me a while to piece it all together and realize that it wasn't a dream. I would have preferred it all to be a dream because I hate that you went through all that.

Anyway, we were praying for you constantly and I am so glad that you are healing up. we love you Jill!