June 20, 2010

What I love about being a dad

For me, Father's Day has been a time for reflection. I've had an opportunity today to think about why I love being a dad. Here's the short list:
  • I think the best part about being a dad to my 3 boys is their mother. She's absolutely amazing, the love of my life, super hot, and she makes me better every day.
  • I love playing "tickle monster" with my boys.
  • I love it when they beat me at something (usually its a game on the Wii) and I get to see their confidence rise.
  • I love playing catch.
  • I love when they tell me they love me (unprompted).
  • I love camping with my boys.
  • I love seeing Jill's wonderful qualities come out in the boys.
  • I cringe when my qualities come out and I know what they're going to do next (usually it's not a good idea, but I can't blame them, they get it from me).
  • I love watching them learn.
  • I enjoy one-on-one time with each of my boys.
  • I love when Ashton gives me a hug - he squeezes tight.
  • I love watching Kaden be creative - with legos, drawing, just about anything.
  • I love Spencer's passion for sports. He gets into sports WAY more than I ever have.
  • I love watching their faith and their testimonies grow.
  • I love watching them explore.
  • I love hearing them pray. Lately Ashton prays for everything and everyone. It's so cute.
  • I love when they make the right choices - especially when its hard.
  • I love when they cuddle up next to me when we're watching a movie.
  • I love watching them fight over postcards when I get back from a trip.
  • I love them no matter what.
I am so grateful on this Father's Day for my family. I couldn't ask for a more amazing wife and better children. I am a blessed man. Happy on Father's Day.

At Preschool Ashton answered questions about his daddy and here is what he said.  This was part of his Father's day gift...

2 comments:

Brittney Smith said...

Great post Tyler. your family is adorable, thanks to you and Jill!

the organic kitchen said...

What a sweet post! You do have three cute boys and they are getting bigger all the time. We just watched that video from the EQ comedy night with yuor little one in the bishops office. Hilarious!