October 15, 2008

Fall Break

The kids were out of school for Fall Break, so we went to the Happiest Place on Earth!
I just love to go when it is all decorated for the Holidays. It reminds me of going as a child, that jolly, giddy, happy to be alive feeling!
We got some autographs, pictures, Candy Corns, saw all the pumpkins, and lights down Main Street...LOVE IT!

My mom's sister Jarnie and her husband Kevin came from Utah and stayed for a week along with her son Mike and wife Kara. It was so fun to visit with all our cousins and family.


Ashton's favorite ride was the train because he got to see Dinosaurs
and other animals. We also took him on The Matterhorn for the first time...he just barely made 35 in. He was a little hesitant at first as we were waiting in line and he kept hearing the abominable snowman ROAR! I kept telling him it was a fast choo choo train, and he got all excited...until we got on the ride. He was grabbing on to the handles for dear life and dead silent. When we came out of the last turn into daylight, my mom looked back and said, "Jill, he is WHITE." He told me, "Mommy that so fun." When we got off we called daddy and told him he was such a big boy and went on the fast train. Ashton told Tyler, "Mommy hold me really tight and I saw a white monkey."(abominable snowman...Monkey, it's all the same?)



Spencer was so excited to finally be tall enough to go on California Screamin, you have to be 48in. and with the help of a little toilet paper in his shoes...he made it! He wanted Grandpa to go with him and he LOVED it!!

Kaden was so excited too because he go to go on Indiana Jones for the first time!
He actaully was tall enough 46in. and He loved it!
This trip was a monumentous occasion at Disneyland! We have not been there in over a year and it was a nice little reasurrance that, YES, my children really are growing! There is hope for them afterall.

11 comments:

Christie said...

Jill - it sounds like you has so much fun. I too love Disneyland all decked out for the holidays. Isn't it a great feeling when your children can finally go on rides that you like to ride too. I have to admit we put on some 1 inch wedge sandalls on Ainsley so she could ride Star Tours before she actually could go on it just wearing her tennies

Jill said...

Shh...We won't tell

Spiker said...

We love Disneyland in October! No lines and cool weather! It's the best...maybe I will let the boys cut school and spend the day there.

Lindsay Ann said...

Those last few lines made me laugh. I miss Disneyland. I'm glad you guys had a great time.

tricia said...

We were there this week and I also love all the fun decorations. I love how Disney can do Halloween without being super scary for my easily scared kids. It is fun to see your family grow up even if it is over the internet. Ashton is so big.

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

Hello we have annual passes! A phone call would have been nice! Haha

Carrie said...

YOUR FAMILY IS SO CUTE, LITTLE ASHTON IS A HEARTBREAKER! WE PROBABLY WERE AT DISNEYLAND THE SAME DAY? NEXT TIME WE CAN MEET UP! I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT BREAK

The Queen said...

someone needs to tell carrie her caps key is STUCK!!!

in other news, you guys might as well just move back here already since you're here so much anyway!!

amy said...

how fun!! the white monkey part is pretty funny. what a cutie. i remember well the height issue. it was a big deal in our family too. the whole trip was hinged on which rides you could get in to.
thanks for the goodies! it was fun to see tyler and the boys @ my neighbor's door! you guys rock. :)

Rocker Mama said...

D-land ROCKS!!!
I'll count you in for preschool next year, and let you know when I start registration in Feb. or March.
Things good with your fam? What's the house situation. You by us now?

Lisa said...

Just went to disney today and it was way fun, I love that place and we did invite your mom but she was decorating for christmas, cant believe that. Hope to see you over the holidays, we love you all. Lisa