October 26, 2008

***HALLELUJAH***

We have KEYS!!!

We moved here to Arizona a year and two months ago. Tyler's cousins were so wonderful to let us rent their house for what we thought was going to be a month or two, while we waited for our home to be built...Little did we know it would be a year!

We never unpacked anything because we kept thinking, "next month we will move," and nothing, then, "It will be next month" then the next month, and so on and here we still are a year and two months later. This is the entrance to our house we've been renting and it is literally wall to wall, floor to ceiling boxes everywhere in the house. It's been paper products, plastic utensils, a pot and a pan, a couch, kitchen table, and our beds. I have to admit the clean freak in me has been going a little crazy. I have to keep reminding myself...it's temporary!

Well, we just closed on our house and I have keys in hand, so it is official...we are moving! YEAH!

Honestly, I have to say that despite the many trials along the way, we have been deeply blessed. This last year has given me a greater appreciation for the simple things. We really don't need much in life to be happy. We are so grateful for the gospel, our family and friends who have helped us along the way. We love you all!


This is a glimpse of our chaos


11 comments:

tricia said...

Congratulations. That is very exciting!!!

The Davis Family Three said...

Yay! Congratulations! It is certainly no fun living out of boxes so we are so glad for you that you are able to finally put down roots.

Lyndee said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see the new house.

Janelle Meldrum said...

HIP HIP HORAY! I don't know how you did it. You guys are amazing. Congratulations and all the best in your new abode :)

Lindsay Ann said...

Congrats Jill! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see your house!

Lisa said...

That is awsome we are so happy for you and will get to see the new place when Kaden gets baptized? Just kidding maybe we can come out sooner. Love you guys and we are so excited for you all. Lisa

The Wills Family! said...

Wow, you guys definitely deserve some serious organization! Congrats on the new home...I hope everything goes over well and it is a smooth transition!

cherie said...

so glad you took pictures! i'm sure you won't want to look at them often but it will be interesting to remember!

so happy for you!!

The Queen said...

yay!

Carrie said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU, IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING. I GUESS SOMETIMES NOT HAVING SOMETHING MAKES US APPRECIATE IT MORE WHEN WE HAVE IT. I HOPE YOU LOVE YOUR NEW HOME, YOU DESERVE IT

amy said...

oh my goodness. now you show what you've been living in! wow. you are amazing!
CONGRATS on the house!! i'm sooo excited for you!! i wanna see the new digs!