October 31, 2008

Notes to the boys

Lunch Notes

I usually pack the kids lunches the night before and I always put a little note on their napkin, just to let them know I love them or good luck on a test etc. My mom used to do it when we were growing up and I loved it. Just a little reminder someone is thinking about you :)

I was on a friends blog and she found this site. I thought it would be fun to share...it gave me a few fun new ideas. In the world today our kids need all the love and encouragement we can give while they are young, because the rest of their life the world will be knocking them down!

Here are some cute ideas...

Roses are red, violets are blue,
Don't trade this sandwich, I made it for YOU!

Mom hopes you like this tasty lunch...
I miss you and love you, my honey bunch!

Roses are red, violets are blue,
Know as you're eating, I'm thinking of you!

I have a surprise for you...see you at 3:00!
XOXOXO

Lizards are green, bunnies are furry,
I miss you, Davis...
Come home in a hurry! XOXOXO

You are DINO-mite!!! (Draw a dinosaur!)

Tonight you don't have any chores...
Have a great day!

I'm picking you up at (blank) time and
taking you for a special treat! LOVE YOU!

Good luck on your spelling test today!

Draw a picture...they'll be surprised that you know how!

Put a joke in their lunch...

If you really wanted to go all out, you could buy some small, inexpensive toys to surprise them with every once in a while...kind of like a happy meal!

3 comments:

Lindsay Ann said...

cute idea! When are you moving?

amy said...

i love this! i wanna do it tomorrow. :) thanks for taking the time to share.

Spiker said...

I used to do that! It's a great idea. Good self esteem builder ~ Linda